A balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, along with regular exercise and adequate hydration, can help to support the body’s natural detox processes. For more personalised information about detoxing our team are available for consultations.
The benefits of detox – by Naturopath Tessa Davidson
Tessa from The Herbal Dispensary has put together a list of tell-tail signs your body is giving, that indicate you could benefit from a detox!
• Skin problems (rashes, acne, etc.) – toxins can contribute to skin issues such as acne, removing them can lead to clearer, healthier-looking skin.
• Food and scent intolerances and allergies – detoxing can help to alleviate symptoms of food and scent intolerances and allergies by removing toxins that can cause inflammation in the body. By removing toxins, the body can function more efficiently and gut-health is improved, thereby reducing the likelihood of these reactions occurring.
• Constipation, diarrhea and other digestive issues – detoxing can help to improve digestion by removing built-up waste and promoting regular bowel movements.
• Frequent colds and viruses. – detoxing can help to boost the immune system by removing toxins that weaken it.
• Unexplained headaches – detoxing can help to alleviate unexplained headaches by removing toxins that can cause inflammation in the body, which can be a common cause of headaches.
• General aches and pains – by eliminating toxins that cause inflammation , detoxing can help to alleviate aches and pains
• Fatigue and low energy – as toxins are removed from the body, it can feel like a “reset” and lead to increased energy levels.
• Inability to feel rested after sleep – toxins can disrupt the body’s natural sleep-wake cycle.
• Compromised resistance to infections – removing toxins that can weaken the immune system and make it more susceptible to infections.
• Inability to lose weight – many detox programs focus on cleansing the liver and colon, which can lead to weight loss as the body sheds stored toxins and excess waste.
• Fuzzy thinking – by eliminating toxins that cause inflammation in the brain, detoxing can help improve cognitive function and reduce fuzzy thinking.